Monday, June 8, 2009

The Big Bag

A straight forward fashion shot for Sunny Rose bag. The focus is of course the bag, but the attraction is the presentation by the lovely Canadian model. I have Jenna, the model, to pose by using the bag as her dress for this image, carefully stage the bag as center of focus while gives the bag the right human touch, rather than just another bag.
Shot by using Canon 1Ds 3 with EF 85/1.2L. Using a 85mm lens means I need to stand by a little far away from the model but it also gives a feel of space and a little more glamorous look. In this kind shoot, I did not tether my camera to computer as I typically do, because I might lost the impulsive and spontaneous.
It is a pity that given the technology today, there is still not a reliable and efficient way to wirelessly connect the camera and computer that works for fashion, for instant review, or for the matter, at least to synchronize the storage to always have a safety back up.
The software I use for tethered shooting, the Phase One Capture Pro 4 is perhaps the best I have tried for many years and still using it. The shooting speed for a Phase One digital back is good but nearly not acceptable for camera such as Canon 1Ds3 or Nikon D3X, may be due to the USB in use? Should these camera comes with a powerful wireless module, that can allow simutaneous CF card and mass storage back-up (wireless) thru the capture software, it would be very welcome.

No comments: