Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Question of nudity

A recent jewelry shot, this is certainly not the one released to public, but a picture I asked the model to pose for me, as my own work. Here the barrier of nudity is crossed. Nudity, one of the most debated subject in photography, regardless those who debates in favor of the subject or against it, most photographers have in one time or another, seldom or often, tocuhed this subject.
This image, shot with Nikon D3X with AF-D Nikkor 50/1.4, was in fact taken in a shorter distance I would usually do. As I often argued, I believe the particular focal length will case its distinctive sense of dimension to the subject being photogrpahed. In this case, I birng the viewer closer to the subject, a nude subject, but rather than simply raising imtimacy, the subject posed something for the viewer to feel than to watch, at least it is what I hope.

No comments: