Friday, September 23, 2011

Migratory Bird


It was an uneventful drive to Deqin, and we arrived at a beautiful hotel, in fact, the best so far the entire trip – Migratory Bird Inn.  I have not tried all the hotel in Deqin and have not even seen most of them, but I would believe this must be among the best available, if not the best.
The room is small but cozy, which is good for high mountain hotel because if it is too big then you get too cold, but if you rely on much on the heater, you get too dry, so small is good. Small and cozy is perfect.
The roof deck of the hotel is a perfect spot for photography, and as soon as I managed to put all the bags into the roof, I hurried up to the roof – set up my tripod, camera and lens, and made this image of setting sun breaking through the thick cloud, Canon 1Ds III + EF 70-300/4-5.6L IS. 

No comments: