Sunday, February 15, 2009

Snap Shot Revisited


I made this picture using a compact Sigma DP-1 camera, an otherwise unique camera for its Foveon sensor and its size for camera of this size.  I was on the ferry departed from Surat Thani to Samui Island a few days earlier, on the deck, I saw the distant ferry cruises in the subtle morning mist, I made this color but appeared more like mono tone image. 
Though of much debate, there are much less people still argue over whether today's DSLR capable of producing better image than those film counter part, in my point of view, they certainly do.  But perhaps Sigma DP-1 is the first compact camera to break the quality barrier that rival those little film gems such as my old Contax T2/T3.  
It really make snap shots during travel a joy. 

No comments: