Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beauty and the Beast


This is a new shot for Mazda MX-5 model 2009, a nice little convertible, and to match that, a young, vibrant, slim and lovely model - Martina, from Slovakia.
I made this shot using Phase One P45+ on Contax 645, mounted with Carl Zeiss Distagon 3.5/55, the main light in use was the spotlight headlamp of the small roadster, and a side light defused from a large softbox, a bron-color Pulso G lamp powered by Verso A4. I have the car park closer to the large wall of my studio so the side lamp cast an interesting light on the wall so it does not feel too hollow, and too distant. I want to show the character of the car, and went on using a little unusual light than common studio lighting, for this one, while there are also conventional shots, which is more for regular consumer, but this one I hope I can make an image that is more cult oriented and hope I have success in finishing it.

No comments: