Friday, August 12, 2011

From darkness to sunrise


We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness.

The shot was made at Five-Colored Lake in front of the north face of Cherezig Peak, 6,032m.  To get the sunrise shot one would have to wake up early, climb the trails in almost total darkness for hours to arrive a the spot I tool this image.  With horse, one can save about 2 hours, but still need an hour walk up the trail, but it worth every second.
Only certain time in a year the get the shot such as this one, around May each year, with right ambient temperature and the heat of the rising sun warm up the mist on the surface of the lake.  It was about -2 to -3 degree at the elevation of around 4,600m above sea level, just about 15 minutes by the waterfront the thin ice started to developed around my lens hood,  although I usually have no problem of this kind of cold, I would hope I have a glove with me.
The shot was made with Canon 5DII, EF 24-105/4L IS, on a tripod.

No comments: